Why support the Bermuda Housing Trust?
Your donation is an investment in the future well-being of our seniors.
With 184 residential units sitting on just over 12 acres of property, the Bermuda Housing Trust works hard every day to alleviate Bermuda’s housing challenges by easing the financial burden for seniors unable to meet current market rental rates.
Bermuda Housing Trust does not receive any direct funding (or Grant) from Government. It is self-funding and meets its expenses through rents and, where possible, through donations as well. This is no easy task when maintaining an ageing housing stock and remaining committed to a long-standing policy of not raising rents on sitting tenants.
The challenges posed by soaring construction, maintenance costs, as well as deteriorating wealth for many seniors has compelled the Trust to embrace strategic partnerships to achieve success for its initiatives.
Collaboration is the cornerstone by which the Trust can successfully solidify its vision and mandate of providing quality, affordable housing to Bermuda’s seniors.
As social challenges increase and Bermuda’s population of over 65’s grows to nearly one third of the population, we encourage support for more initiatives to meet the housing needs of Bermuda’s seniors.
The Trust welcomes assistance and support from all sectors of the community in solving and alleviating those challenges that directly threaten the quality of life and wellbeing of our seniors.
How you can help
You can assist our seniors by donating in two ways:
- Volunteer your Time or Skill
- Each year we present our Annual Seniors Tea. If you would like to volunteer your time or skill to making a difference for our seniors by assisting us in organising or contributing to this event, please contact our Office Administrator, Sharon Smith.
- Financial Support
- Make a donation by delivering your cheque to our office on Cedar Avenue.
- OR contact our Chairman, Mr. John Barritt, to discuss how you can best invest in our need for additional housing for our seniors.
Thank you for your generosity and support.
Our philanthropic partners
- Bank of Bermuda Foundation
- XL Foundation
- Hannover Re
- Argus Insurance
- Concordia Maritime
- BF & M
- Validus Re
- Auto Solutions
- Bacardi International
Rod Ferguson & Diane Wilkie in memory of their father, R.A.Ferguson II