BHT Residential Communities
We pride ourselves in providing our seniors with affordable, clean, safe and caring communities to live in.
Criteria for Tenancy
- Must be 65 years old – Couples: youngest applicant must be 65.
- Must be Bermudian.
- Must be able to live independently.
- Must be in need of low cost housing as a result of financial need and/or circumstances that warrant a place for accomodation. (1965 BHT Act).
- Must not be the owner, full or in part, or possess life tenancy in any real estate.
- Should not be in possession of savings that exceed the qualifying amount.
Elizabeth Hills Park
Bermuda Housing Trust’s very first property, acquired in 1965, sits amid 2.5 acres of rolling green lawns and manicured gardens.
Elizabeth Hills offers 22 units, consisting of 18 studios and 4 one-bedroom units.
Purvis Park, acquired in 1977, consists of 21 one bedroom units on a 1.73 acre secluded estate.
Purvis Park offers a lovely, tranquil environment amid typical Bermudian gardens.
Heydon Park is situated on approximately 3 acres within 14 acres of lush greenery which is one of Bermuda’s most beautiful parks, The Heydon Trust. The property, leased in 1979, comprises of 19 one bedroom units.
Ferguson Park sits on a tranquil 1.81 acres in rural St. David’s. Leased in 1998, there are 19 one bedroom units.
Dr. Cann Park
Dr. Cann Park, the newest of the Bermuda Housing Trust’s residential communities built in 2005, features 100 one bedroom units.
4 buildings are three storey units offering 8 one bedroom apartments per floor. Elevators are featured in each of the buildings.